Share/Bookmark

Monday, January 4, 2010

Your opinion: What's an effective medical plant for sinusitis?



"I am gathering a list with the most potent
medical plants and herbs for my book right now.
It is promising. Highlights of the most potent plants will be featured on my blog."





What's an effective medical plant for sinusitis?

When I was a little child, my mom told me not snuffle. I was still in kindergarden, and when I came home, especially in winter, the warm air in our living room was provoking a running nose. I remember how bitter cold this one Mid February was, the air outside seemed to build a wall you had to break through or to cut through with a knife. My grand parents, who looked after me from time to time, always insisted that I should rather use a tissue than sniffle "...because sniffling is a bad manner." 



Today we know it is natural and ORLs recommend sniffling because it helps to regularly suction the sinuses. Blowing your nose significantly increases the risk of developing serious sinusitis symptoms, especially if you already have a cold. 


There was a time when I had an unconscious angriness about my relatives for teaching me to blow my nose instead of snuffling. I felt that she was somewhat guilty for the development of sinusitis episodes that came later on. 


However, something much more powerful showed up in my mind lately. It was another aspect of what I learned in childhood. A few months or so ago, I recalled how my mother taught me to prepare a tea that solved mucus. It was always very effective when I had a bronchitis. I recalled, how she used certain plant oils to facilitate healing inflamed wounds. She had a tea for bladder problems, it really worked and a friend of hers got rid of a serious skin problem called zoster after my mom had given her specific advise about a salve that contained a certain plant extract capable of healing the condition.


As I am writing "How I Won The Battle Against Sinusitis", I am stumbling upon medical herbs and plants again and again. In one way, this happens because I have been using them myself increasingly in the past years and months to get over a beginning sinusitis more quickly. In another way I am reminded about them repeatedly because my research for the book leads me to a large number of studies where a rising number of promising new plants are discussed. 


No matter where I look, If I am reading over material from a big pharmaceutical company or wether I just read about new sinusitis research: Sinus infections seem to respond well to the use of many different medical plants. 


I am gathering a list with the most potent medical plants and herbs for my book right now. It is promising. Highlights of the most potent plants will be featured on my blog. 


If you have a potent plant candidate, please drop me a line. I look forward to hear from you. 


marcus@sinus-cure.net



Image (c) by Marcus Brinkmann

Fresh garlic, an effective natural antibiotic. I am already using it against sinusitis today. It's one of the underestimated plants. However, many get scared off the smell after eating it. Well, with sinusitis, you will be suffering at home, and mostly alone anyway. Nobody will care, even if you smell like an ox. 







Share/Bookmark

1 comment: